A roof is one of the most important parts of a home. Not only does it keep you and your family dry, but it also protects your home from the elements. If your roof is damaged, you need to make a decision: should you repair, patch, or replace it? At WNY Company, we will help you figure out what the best option for your situation is. We’ll provide tips on how to know when it’s time for a roof replacement, as well as information on how to patch and repair a roof. So whether your roof is leaking or just needs some repairs, we can help!
Here are some things to look for when you’re trying to decide whether to repair, patch, or replace your roof:
● If your roof is leaking, it’s probably time for a replacement. A leaky roof can cause serious damage to your home, so it’s best to get it fixed as soon as possible.
● If your roof is sagging, it’s also time for a replacement. A sagging roof can be very dangerous, and it’s not something that can be fixed with a simple repair.
● If your roof is missing shingles, you may be able to get away with just patching the area. This will all depend on how large of an area and what the extent of the damage to the area is.
● If your roof is more than 20 years old, it’s probably time for a replacement. Even if there’s no visible damage, roofs will eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
● If your gutters are bent or damaged from high winds, or leaking in the corners you may just need to replace them and your roof will be fine.
● If you need better ventilation in your roof, that will most likely be a full replacement. Ventilation is an important part of a roof, and if it’s not working properly, it can cause some serious damage to your home.
If you’re not sure whether to repair, patch, or replace your roof, contact WNY Company today. We’ll be happy to inspect your roof and give you our professional opinion. In the meantime, check out our blog for more tips on how to care for your roof!